Monday, July 4, 2011

The instant gallery is an amazing, overwhelming collection of wood art, ideas, creativity and craftsmanship that is really hard to take in all at once.  So many ideas and so many different skills that are all in one place in no particular order.  I have gone through and taken pictures of just about everything in the past and not sure what good that did me, so I just took some shots of things that got my attention for one reason or another.  Mostly for inspiration of my future work.   Here is what I came home with in no particular order....

I thought these were very cool.  I am not sure how they did it but found it intriguing to think about how to do it.  Also is pretty math-geeky...  
I make mostly bowls and I like the beads on the outside of a normal bowl.  Black is fine and done a lot these days but like the shape of the bowl. 


 I liked this shape and the grouping of different sizes.  I really want to pick them up and feel them, how heavy are they? how does the curve feel?  how do they compare?  one of the problems with keeping everyone's work safe.
 I love Phil Brown's Vortex bowl.  I have touched this and love the feel of his work.  He has combined his two favorite shapes with this new design and I really like it.
I liked that they combined these huge turnings with the mini versions.  I like the shape and can't get anywhere near the large ones now but may try a smaller version.

I have made Christmas ornaments for the past several years and  always looking for new ideas... I am not really into piercing but liked these.  I also liked the bottle and glass in the background.  What I would use sooner than piercing is the ornament holder. 

Here are more ornaments I would be more likely to make.  Many ideas are here...

 


In the spirit of ornaments something a little different, Halloween bat houses. (not really from the instant gallery)


I am not into segmenting but I really like the semi-random walk of the piercing.

 I am not sure I like this shape/final piece but I like the idea of pieces put together or maybe a multiple axis piece like this...

 I like ducks and these are cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment