I roughed out some bowl blanks and took a couple of small burl blanks and made bowls from them. They came out stunning and I knew I had a large blank waiting for me. Finally on Christmas eve I got a chance to start turning the big blank. I started between centers just enough to get it centered and make a foot to put a small faceplate on it. I rounded it and cored it into two bowls. My coring sucks and I did not want to make a funnel so one core was enough.
I have tried to make the best bowls I can and the two little ones did not move too much after turning wet so decided to turn one of these the wet. I left it a little thicker than I probably should have but I wanted to be safe.
Here is some of the detail in the bowls and finally a shot of the shapes of the bowls.