Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I'm in a magazine!!!!


September/October 2012 Issue CoverI got my copy of Woodworker's Journal today (my first issue of my subscription!!).  I opened it up and there I was, pictures of me, my name in print, and my bowl!!!! OMG.. I had recently had my volunteer efforts in volleyball recognized and had a story in a local Patch website and then the local newspaper had to do it one better with a story but this is a national magazine, run by a seller of everything woodworking, Rockler.  The story of my entry I posted before but today it was official!  I can't link to the article because they want to sell magazines!
As I suspected I did not "win" the competition but entering was the win and being in the magazine is a win, win!   The write-up about the  winner is pretty interesting and she seems to be a very talented artist.    Time to get back to the shop...I think my 15 minutes are up!

No comments:

Post a Comment