Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It has been an emotional month...

*** Personal story, not sure why I am rambling but I feel I need to write it... it may just make you sad and mean nothing to you so turn around now if you know what is good for you!

August has been a very emotional month.   Some of it was planned.  I was looking forward to take a woodturning class on the 8th and 9th with an MCW meeting the evening of the 9th.  The 10th-12th was a trip to take my oldest son to start first year of college in Fl at a school that I am not 100% sure that is the right fit for him, but sure he will do fine if he commits to it.  What wasn't in the plan was quick demise of our 15 year old beagle, Biscuit.

Biscuit was getting old and cranky and seemed to think that the carpet was his morning tinkle spot.  He has been living for years with heart and kidney issues with a full recovery from a back leg problem that took water treadmill treatments to fix.  The morning of Thursday the 9th,  my daughter, the main dog walker,  got up to go to work at camp with a sleepover and wouldn't be back until Friday night, and Biscuit woke up barely able to move.

We put him down Thursday afternoon and I made my meeting Thursday night.  We flew my son down to Fl. on Friday early.  Moved him in, bought him a bunch of stuff,  and went to events for parents at the school.  We, my wife, called our daughter Friday night to tell her the bad news.  We had warned the neighbors and they helped take care of her.   Saturday we took my son to his first class, we took him to see my mother, bought more room stuff, got him setup one more time and we left him so we could go eat with my mother.  We left early Sunday on a jet plane.   It has been tough in the quiet house.  I have found that Biscuit became more dependent on us as it got closer to the end and my son has slowly weened us off by staying at friends, staying out late at night, driving everywhere, and working full time.  It is funny how life works.

Add into all of this, the AC went out and we had to buy a new system, summer ending and having to go to work in a job that I took because there is no responsibility and great benefits, yet somehow, it becomes as stressful as when I had a job with responsibility.  (I really need a lottery intervention!)  I just went to a memorial service for a wife of a volleyball friend of mine that died unexpectedly from complications from kidney disease and questionable reactions at the hospital at the age of 53.  On the other hand I did get to spend some time at the Ag Fair turning with the club and I am excited about the magazine article I mentioned in my previous post.  I hope September calms down and gives me some calming fall events, maybe more woodturning.




No comments:

Post a Comment