Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post #1


A mixed day of turning emotions.  I went to pick up my bowls from the Glen Echo show.  Ok, I know that I priced my bowls a bit high, but I hoped I would sell one.  I was dumb also on not having a sheet about myself but didn't know what to write.  I am bad a self promotion..
Good news was going to get the bowls I saw some wood along side the road, went to look at it and it was flame red box elder!  I split 3 of the 4 logs I brought home and cut 2 of them in half and roughed out 2 bowls..not sure how they will turn out...some cracking going on along stress of chuck and close to the center...
Meeting on thursday...might have to try my burls after that ...  I have walnut in sanding mode and an oak bowl in sand mode as well.  always seems to be something in the pipeline...

No comments:

Post a Comment