Friday, September 25, 2009

Shows


I had 2 bowls in the Labor Day Art Show at Glen Echo.  I had two of the Ambrosia Maple bowls.  There was a lot of varied artwork, painting, pottery, glass, jewlry, and some mixed media.  My friend Pam Berry got me motivated to be in the show, had some of her pottery in it and went with us to the Friday opening.  Richard Webster was the only other woodturner in the show.  I set my prices high and didn't fill out an artist's statement and led to no sales but I was glad to get them out there...

I am also in the TurnedWood 09 show in Columbia, MD.  This is a juried show of woodturners.  It was with our club Montgomery County Woodturners and the Chesapeake Woodturners.    It was another bowl from the amborsia maple logs in the other show.  It is one of 45 in the show of all turned bowls.  Again it is priced high but I am just glad to have it in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment