Sunday, September 19, 2010

ebony challenge

At my last MCW meeting we were given a bag with ebony piece(s) in it. I am not very familiar with, nor do I have the shop to do it,  taking pieces apart and re-assembling them.  I have been seeing pieces and some "how to" on WoodCentral with multiple scopes on a plane.  I thought I would try this..  here is what I had to start with....
 
I wanted to keep the surface plane parallel like it will sit.  I tried using expanding foam.  It may not have been the best but seemed to work well enough.  I put tape around the piece of wood to keep the foam off of it.
I used the tail stock to center the piece on the spot I plan to turn.

I made some errors on this first one but sanded it out.. Made it a little flat bowl shape but not too bad...












Lined up for the center cut.















And the third..












Added a few more and this is the end of day 1...will there be more?  I don't know yet..

No comments:

Post a Comment