Wednesday, February 3, 2010

snow day...good day

Today was a very good day for my turning.. I emptied the gas tank on the chainsaw, bought a new can and gas, put oil in it and the chainsaw WORKED! Wow ... that was the first it was running and stayed running for several months!

One of the logs I cut was Smail Ash, and I turned a bowl out of it.. it had the rings starting to crack in the center...I glued it up and left it pretty thick so that it would not break. It came out quite nice...ok, it is drying and may move some... I got a small profile base on it and it looks nice. See how it looks when I put finish on it. I wanted to cover the difference in ca glue and not in the heart wood so I covered the whole heartwood section with CA and it currently looks good... see how the CA and finish work together... We will see...

yesterday I turned a small glass, goblet, or egg dish, whatever you want to call it. it was fun...I will have to try more of them, maybe bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment