Tuesday, February 9, 2010

snowmageddon

Wow...the snow of the century, at least for the DC area... 35 inches or so in a week is not bad anywhere, just a disaster here..... This has given me some time with the wood... I pulled out the chain saw and cut up some logs using the large pile of snow in the driveway as the sawhorse. I cut up some beech from pa and see if I can get something to come out from that wood...OMG I am not doing very well with those logs... I have broken bowls all over the place lately...not sure why...working with woods I don't usually work with...may have some thing to do with it..but some is my stupidity... that comes by the bucketful ...
I inherited a second webber grill from neighbors when the moved. sitting under the deck for months, decided to try drying wood in it, not sure how it will work in the snowstorm but we will see... I put a 40 watt bulb in it and it now has 2 bowls that were rough turned, see how it goes, need to keep an eye on it though...first bowl in there seemed fine so far...oak from WVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment